Monday, November 12, 2007

Rise of the Drama Llama

Now I may have mentioned that I runs in a small uber-casual laid-back guild. As such, we usually don't have to worry about guild drama. If we have arguements over loot, they's the kind what go like this: "You should take it." "No, you take it - it perfect for your class/spec" "Yeah, but it's a bigger upgrade for you. You take it." etc etc etc until the rest of the party scream "Somebody take the dang thing already!" but whoa nellie did we get ourselves some drama the other day.

All started when Aelion the cheeky Belf hunter's new pet got loose in the Purge Secret Headquarters of Doom (okay, it's a small fourth floor flat in the cheapest section of Orgrimmar). Seems he'd picked up a crocolisk somewheres so he could learn the "Have Six Legs" ability and teach it to his windserpent Pip. Well, this croc goes and eats one of Rim's non-combat pets. Was either Henly or Lilry - I can't be bothered to remember the details. Well, Rim's pissed and he's got his fireballs set all the way up to "Deep Fat Fry" and he's ready to do some homestyle cooking on Aelion's ass. Problem is, all Belfs look alike to trolls. I's serious - they can't tell'em apart nohows. So there's all sorts of fireball action going off as the elves all scampers around looking for safety. Aelion ain't dumb - he feigns death as soon as he hears Rim comin' and totally avoids the wrathful retributions. Bashabil bubbled until she could hide behind big ol' Bull, but Ellspeth weren't so quick and got all crispy crittered. Fortunately she had her soulstone on and was able to pop back up after.

Eventually me and Throttle was able to grab Rim and wrestle him to the ground and hold him there 'til he calmed down. I tell ya, fer a mage with a strength of like , I dunno, maybe seven, he put up a heck of a struggle. And he bit me too, the bastard. At least I stayed clear of the tusks - those things is huge.

Well, Aelion disappeared immediately afters. We thought maybe he was just laying low 'til the smoke cleared and we'd had a chance to replace the carpeting or somethings, but no. He went and found hisself a new guild. "A chance to go on raids, and they aren't so frickin' anal about their non-combat pets" he told me. Well, I wishes him lucks.

10 comments:

Wildhermit said...

I hear that in WotLK you get badges of justice for making it through guild drama.

Having said that nonsense, wow, you even make guild drama sound cool, Mr. Ratshag, you ROCK! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah guild drama can be messy. Our worst is we had a priest who got upset when she wasn't the first one offered to heal for an instance. Problem is most of the time we'd be halfway through an instance she'd come on and wonder why we didn't invite her to do the healing. Granted, when she was healer she did a good job but her always wanting to be the only healer turned bad quickly.

Dagashai said...

Dude...

What the hell are you on, and where do I get some?

Xizang said...

The crocilisk eating a non-combat is about teh coolest source of guild drama I have ever heard of. Like to read your stuff.

Ratshag said...

@wild - :-) Some of the dramas I've read about, survivors should get primal nethers.

@sonvar - I thinks somes just weren't paying attention that day in kindergarden when "play with others" got covered

@dag - buggered if I know. I just hands the ball to the muse, and then try not to get trampled when that green-eyed temptresses runs with it.

@xizang - thanks. We do things a little differently in the Purge ...

Anonymous said...

Why I read Ratshag's blog:

"he's got his fireballs set all the way up to "Deep Fat Fry""

LMAO.

Ratshag said...

@Kestrel - Wish I could take credit for that one, but that's really what Rim says. No lie.

Eric Marin said...

Heh, heh. That other guild? Nice folks, but they stay up way too late at night. A Blood Elf needs his beauty sleep. I think I'll make amends with Rim (a nice fireball-enhancing wand should make him happy) and see about rejoining the guild. Oh, and no more crocolisk pets for me . . . .

Kelmar said...

That was awesome!!

Anonymous said...

In my guild we once had a big hec'o drama when a player said her family had died in a car accident the same day and she wanted to commit suicide. Didn't get better when she logged out after 15 minutes after being afk.
She's alive, though, but she sure made some drama...