Friday, November 23, 2007

A Good Feast

Hopes those of you what observes SayThankYou Day had a happy and festive one. Me, I invited a whole bunch of the NPCs I've gotten to know this past year over for a big catered shindig. We had a coupla 120-pound Arakkoa and some broiled Quillboars and something what tasted like Dark Iron Dwarf but weren't anywhere near as tough, so I ain't sure. It were good though. I was a little afeared that one of TJ's friends had somehow ended up on the menu, but it turned out to be a traditional baked smashed-up vegetable dish, so that was all right.

Segra Darkthorne was there, and Dwukk, who first showed me how to swing a blacksmith's hammer. Jorn Skyseer and his daughter Mahren the surfer chick both came, and I was real happy to see Galvan the Ancient and Trenton Lighthammer of the Mithril Order ("Courage, Honor, and above all, Patience"!). I invited all the surviving peasants from Hillsbrad, but they said thanks but they had other plans already. Kravel Koalbeard came, and promptly got to work organizing bets on how the wishbone would break. Warlord Goretooth brought a whole platoon with him from Kargath, and they did a bangup job of helping to set up the tables and other junk. Of course, Marin Noggenfogger, Dirge Quikcleave, and Security Chief Bilgewhistle from Tanaris was all there - they never miss a party. The Fallen Hero of the Horde was there as well, although he didn't eat nuthin' 'cause he's a ghost, cursed to eternal torment for the souls of his lost soldiers and all.

From Outland we had Wing Commander Brack, who trusted me with me first bombing mission, even before I'd been trained to ride a flying mount, and Archmage Khadgar. Rexxar the half-ogre came with his bear Misha, and between the two of the them polished off an entire quillboar. The Shroom Dudes and the Ogri'la Ogres both sent big contingents, which were pretty cool 'cause they hardly ever leave they's home territories. Cro Threadstrong was there, but spent most of the night complaining about the caterer's wagon being in his way. And some blame fool brought Tobias the Filth Gorger, who made an unholy mess in the bathroom. I'm betting it was that prankster Umi Rumplesnicker.

All in all, it were a dang good party, the most fun you cans have with yer clothes on and yer axe unbloodied. Looking forward ta doing it again next year.

2 comments:

Exanimo said...

I'd whisper a GM to clean up that mess if i were you :P

Anonymous said...

Don't knock Umi!
"Why do you taunt me Mechanical Yeti!?" is one of the best quests in Azeroth!