Sunday, June 8, 2008

Naughty Touching

So, what do a shadow priest to the table? We got no AoE attacks, most of our attacks is DoTs or channeleds so they can't crit, and our only real crowd control spell be Shackle, what only works on mobs to stupids to realize they's dead. Even then, it don't work on them annoying Fersaken rogues in battlegrounds. /humph And ya, we gots Psychic Scream, but it's usually best we leave fearing to the experts.

One thing what we does have though is Vampiric Touch. This damage over time bugger also restores mana to everbodies in me party, at a rate of 5% of the the damage I does, as long as it be running. Now it lasts only 15 seconds, and takes 1 and a halfs to cast, so it do cut into me time fer throwing higher powered attacks. And it ain't like infinite or nothing. But still, when yer raiding, every little bit helps.

Now, is kinda hard fer me to tell how much difference it makes, since I's always used it. But I did listen in on one of our holy priesties the other night, ta see what that touching action were doing fer her:
"Yes! baby! Fill my mana pool! Just like that, Baby! Don't stop! DONT EVER STOP! YES! YES! YES! YEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!"

(Is concealing her identity outta privacy respects.)

So, there ya has it. One of the benefits of havings a shadow priest along when ya go offs ta kill big bad bosses.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It had to be BRK :D

Anonymous said...

*giggle fits*

Unknown said...

haha, you're giving me too many ideas of naughty comments to make during raids... too bad my shadow priest is a healer right now!

Anonymous said...

ROFL! Yet another reason to love ya.

Anonymous said...

Sounds kinda squeaky to me. :)

Khol Drake said...

That definitely sounds squeeky...and dirty...did Fio know you were giving his wife "The Touch"?

Anonymous said...

There's definitely worse things you could be giving.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...nice good laugh this morning. thanks I needed it.

Anonymous said...

Definitely worse things to be giving. And Vampiric Touch is indiscriminate -- you can satisfy four others simultaneously!

Oh, and add one more form of priestly crowd control to your list: Mind Control. I'd argue that Shadow priests tend to use that more than any other form of crowd control outside of Karazhan. There are a couple of fights, pulls, and even bosses where that was pretty helpful. And if you ever head out to Eye of the Storm pick someone close to the end and throw 'im off of a cliff; you'll giggle with glee as he plummets to his death!

Townes said...

Dang, I want to hear that priest-talk, too! Just got my shadow form last night, cos, well, I read BRK first and that made me level my hunter alt first, but now - I want to turn purple and steamy and do naughty touching instead of turning red and collecting 1000 primals to make clothes. I want to be LittlePurplePriest.

And yeah, from a mage perspective, my main, it's so great getting that mana from shadow priest. I'd rather get a totem in the group, even though a shaman has to come with it, cos then I can set things on fire better AND have more mana. But I really like being at the receiving end of the touching thing.

Anonymous said...

Hey, as a 1400+ dmg shadow priest, raid buffed, my healers love me. Like, one wants to divorce her husband, who happens to be an OT in the guild, to marry me.

The four healers that are in my group usually have about 45-50% of their total mana left after the fight and those healers are usually, 2 Holy Priests, 1 Holy Pally, and a Resto Shammy. So it works out pretty well.

Once you break the 1200-1300 dmg you will notice a definite increase in mana return for your healing friends.

P.S. Keep them happy, they heal your SW:Death and when i get my 4k crits, im really thankfull for it.

~Verolia of Archimonde