Thursday, April 10, 2008

Whats-a Behind Me, Is Not Important

Suppose I should say sumthins about this race.

BRK says to me yesterdays "Ratter! I wanna do a race! With Tauren! But I don't know fashoozle about all that space between Winterspring and Silithus! There's a continent in there, isn't there? Where Taurens come from? What do you call it? I don't know! What can I do? I can't level a Tauren hunter to 40 to lead the race in 4 weeks! I don't even know the quests or the towns or the zones! I've never leveled anything that isn't a dwarf! I need a Hordie to lead things and plan things and make it all work so I can look amazing! But I can't think of any Hordies! What am I going to do??!?!?!!"

"Well, Kitty, I's Horde. I's walked across the Barrens a few times-"

"Yes! That's Right! You're Horde! Why didn't I think of that! It's brilliant! You're the faschnizzle! I can put you in charge, and then I can sit back and roll up a level 1 Tauren and have fun running and take all the glory afterwards! I love it!"

"Well, okay, I think-"

"Make sure you recruit people to man the start and finish line! And mages! We need mages to get everyone to Shattrath after! This is gonna be great! With my name and your amazing virility (have I mentioned I have a man-crush on you?) we'll bring'em in by the hundreds! By the thousands! By the tens of thousands! Huzzah!"

So, that's more or less how it happened. We're gonna be racing from Camp Narache in Mulgore to ... somewhere. Maybe Gadget. maybe Everlook. Maybe the gates of ZG. Haven't decided yet. I'll let ya know when we do.

Is gonna be May 3 (is a Saturday) on the Cenarion Circle server. Starting time is 4pm ST, which is 7:00 in New York, 4:00 in California, 6:00 if you live somewhere civilized, and bugger only knows if you live in Norway or Madagascar. You folks is on yer own.

CC is a RP server, but the horror stories of folks gettin' flagged and banned if they don't look and sound 100% like Legolas is pretty much an exageration. Just don't be a prick in global channels and keep things PG-13 or cleaner and I don't expect no troubles from the thought police. 'Course I been wrong before, but that'll be part of the fun.

I done got me friend Zinzi to vlunteer to be the finish-line flag-waver. I know she's a tasty piece of trollflesh, but be polite, you buggers. I needs her to still like me the next day. For mages to send folks to Shat, well, I'm a little short at the moment. Like, the whole way short. So if you's a Horde mage on CC, or yer brother is, or you know a bugger who knows a bugger what owes you a favor, lemme know. We'll work out some sorta quid-pro-walrus deal to make it worth your time.

So that's what I got at the moment. Is gonna be more later, here or at that other place.

15 comments:

scotth said...

You could still race to Menthil, by way of Theramore. The guards in the towns might not like those Taurens much, but it would make it more lively.

Anonymous said...

Seems like racing to Freewind would be most like the Gnome race. The ending level is about the same and it seems like the length is similar as well. Basically, all the way through Mulgore, down the Barrens, and into 1K Needles.

But if that doesn't seem long enough, then I guess the race could continue into Shimmering Flats and into Tanaris.

Unknown said...

You could race to Zoram Strand in Ashenvale.
Pros: the ending zone will be challenging, and has interesting opportunity for shortcuts.
Cons: Zoram Strand is a teeny tiny town, and is boring.

Bikutanda of Nazgrel said...

My guild has done several level 1 races. (Horde guild)
A run going south from Camp T is interesting because of the dastardly Kodo's and that longgg one-shot breath thing. Graveyard is at Camp T.
The run through Thousand Needles will be wild. From Gadgetran to Un'Goro is wild, and makes for a long run.
A run north will be pretty calm most of the way through the Barrens into Ashenvale.
I vote for Sun Rock Retreat in Stonetalons. It is a Tauren outpost.

BethE said...

You could have level 70 gnomes on their mounts, riding along-side, 'herding'. Must find them cowboy hats, though.

Anonymous said...

I am so there!

/emofire said...

TEMPTED. I rolled up a deadders lock on the red side just to see how its like and arldsklj if I didn't get UTTERLY lost in Undercity. :(

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that getting to Ratchet would be easy. I wonder how many baby Tauren the zeppelins could handle at once? And then we run up to Hemet Nesingwary’s camp, a good destination for those hunter types...

Or! the arena there!! After the race is over, we could have a last bull standing contest!

Anonymous said...

I doubt I will be able to resist the temptation to be a part of this. Now I just gotta find a level 1 Tauren costume...

Khol Drake said...

Gonna have to find that gnome you talked to see if he can get me a Tauren costume...

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I'll be there or not just depends upon how long of a race it is.

Maybe we could participate in some gnome punting after we finish.

Townes said...

I agree that the most similar thing to the gnome race organized by the guy with the man-crush would be to Freewind or Gadget or the racetrack in between. The mobs in Wetlands are 20something and it's a long run, so I'd say Gadget at first so as to get the full Thousand Needles effect. But then there's not much between "totally safe" for gnomes in Dun Morogh and "ouch" in Wetlands, whereas the Tauren race starts being dicey all the way down the southern Barrens. So Freewind might be as good.

Or Brackenwall or Menethil by way of Theramore. The carnage would be more impressive. Nothing says it has to be just like BRK's gnome race. Course nobody'd be very alive in Menethil. Or to Nat Pagel. Or Tabetha. Wonder how somebody doing their mage quest would feel about 1000 level-2 Tauren helping?

How many tauren fit in an elevator, anyway? :)

Anonymous said...

Rats,

My mage would be avail to help with the ports if you still need a hand. Just let me know.

fikkle4thehorde@gmail.com

Rabbit Stew said...

whoo hoo....got my little bull all ready. Fantastic idea

Mana Battery Bitch said...

I may live in Norway but there's a guildie of mine who apparantly has a US account, to play with his US buddy. I am possibly considering making indecent proposals to him in order to hog his account that day :D