Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dirty Deeds Done Daily

Working on the Netherwing Ledge is very different from how it was up in Blades Edge. Back there, you could tell the good guys (orcs and gnomes and spacegoats flitting about on wyverns and gryphons) from the bad guys (demons on the ground shooting up at us). But here, I be Under Cover. Remeber how everybody in Outland thinks he's a master of disguise, and they all wanna dress me up? Well, we're at it again. This time at least I get to look like an orc - one of them Dragonmaw types, red skin and big tusks and spines comin' out me back.

So, the way that under cover thing works is I gotta help the Dragonmaw Dudes while at the same time causing mischief when nobody's looking. So on the one hand I'm helping out in the mine and helping'em fight demons, but on the other hand I be sabotaging. Saubotaging. Saboutigang. However da fuhg ya spell it. You know what I mean.

There's this goblin mercenary in the Dragonmaw camp who's my contact on the inside. Every day he gives me some mutton to take to the peons work around the Ledge. But first (this is the saboutaginging part) I smear it with glands from fel boars and fel lizards and other fel critters. Them peons get all excited to see the food, they take a few bites, then they keel over. Sucks to be them. I'd be happy to do'em all, but the goblin says just do a dozen a so a day so as to not arouse too much suspicion. (Can't tell ya his name, it'd blow his cover. Let's just say it starts with "Y" and rhymes with Zarzill.)

Now, I got no problem doin' this. After all, they is just peons. Not like anybody's gonna miss'em. Well, maybe their mums, but not too much. But I figure this has gotta give them Alliance paladins (yeah, there's some of them workin' Under Cover on the ledge too) one of them whatchcallits, ethical dilemmas. Poison jus' ain't what a servant of da Light is supposed to be doin', but they need the pay just as bad as I do. Oh well. Sucks to be them.

3 comments:

kakalaki said...

ROFL! Good blog, but with the title "Dirty Deeds Done Daily" and your name Ratshag... I couldn't stop laughing.

lol :) Keep up the good work

Ratshag said...

Heh. You got a dirty mind Kakalaki. Would you believe I was actually named for Shagrat, the great Orc hero from da Lord of da Rings, and that it got nuthin' to do with me personal habbits?

Yeah, nobody else do neither.

Thanks for readin', and feel free to drop by anytime.

Gauntlet said...

Heh. You've got a great writing style, and I appreciate your use of pictures and different costumes :)

Also - Thanks for the comment. 70 is a nice place to be, but my wife and I need to coordinate our time to run through quests again so we can get our flying mounts.